Posted by Fabio 26 July 2010
At the end of hot July we are pleased to present you with a cool Mixtape from the hands of Danish fashion designer Emilie Grubert, who we previously featured here on FILE. This Mixtape was sent to us by post and when the envelope made its way through our letterbox, red lettering spelled out FRAGILE DO NOT BEND – intriguing. This all made sense when the envelope was cracked open.
A bit like a Matryoshka doll, we opened the first black envelope with bold die cut typography ‘FILE MIXTAPE’ to then find another envelope, and then yet another and so forth. In total, 8 colourful envelopes with beautiful meticulously cut patterns were revealed and opened, like a surgeon we were slowly moving inside the body – of a Mixtape. The last envelope clad with the motif of a heart contained a CD with the wonderful Mixtape you are about to listen to.
Click here to download Mixtape.
1. 6669 (I don’t know if you know) – Neon Indian
2. White Rabbit – Jefferson Airplane
3. New Theory – Washed Out
4. For Kate I Wait – Ariel Pink’s Haunted Graffiti
5. When I’m With You – Best Coast
6. True Love Will Find You In the End – Daniel Johnson
7. In The Flowers – Animal Collectiv
8. Let Me Use Your Ride – Har Mar SuparStar
9. Total F**kup – MaxNormal TV
10. Trick For Treat – Spank Rock and Har Mar Superstar
11. Intro – DJ Krush
12. Straw Men – Two Fingers Featuring Sway
13. Eurogirls – Arcade mode
14. Too Deep – Girl Talk
15. Aidys Girl’s a Computer – Darkstar
16. I dag men ikke i morgen – CV Jørgensen